Thursday, April 7, 2011

Felt Gardenia

This week, I am in a mad frenzy of creating items for a friend to sell at a craft show.  I have to say, it was hard to slow down for a while and take pics.  But, once I finished this Gardenia looking flower, I decided that I had to make another one for the blog.  The tutorial is very similar to the flower used in the pink and orange headband.  Actually there are only a couple of differences.  But, I thought that the flower looked different enough to do another tutorial because I wanted to share it.



I started with the supplies: Flower templates (click for template), 9x12 piece of felt, scissors, glue stick and glue gun.


Cut four of the large flowers using the template.


Next, cut one of the small flowers and the circles using the templates.


Fold the first large flower in half.  I added a little hot glue inside to hold it together.


Then fold it in half again.


Repeat this with the remaining 3 large flowers.


Glue to folded flowers around the circle, making sure that they are touching in the center.



Cut the small flower petals apart, so that they will fluff up.


Glue the small flower in the center.


Finally, I put a dab of hot glue in the center and pressed black seed beads in it.


I made one in White (which is why I called it a Gardenia), one in gray and one in purple.






The parties I am linking to are on the sidebar of my blog.

I am listing this one for the pure joy of Kim at Today's Creative Blog.
Get Your Craft On Tuesday

27 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and am your newest follower! You are one talented woman who has left me completely inspired. Thanks for the great blog and I love the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great flower and tutorial. I can't get enough of these kinds of flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gardenias are one of my favorite flowers so I especially love this! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Inspiration Friday this week!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! I will have to try these:)
    Tiffany
    ladycrafter14.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tutorial! Love all the pictures. Thanks so much for linking up. Can't wait to see what you have for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this! I will definitely be trying one in the future. I am your newest follower, follow me back if you would like: venturingintodiy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gardenias are my favorite! Yours are just stunning! I hope you'll stop by the Tuesday To Do party and share it!

    http://blackberryvine.blogspot.com/2011/04/tuesday-to-do-5-and-4-list-makers.html

    Smiles!
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  8. What pretty flowers! And a nice straightforward tutorial too!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. love them! And you took great pictures! I love the small one you added in the middle, I haven't seen a lot of flowers do that :) and as always, thank you so much for linking up to Handmade Tuesdays @ Ladybug Blessings. www.ladybug-blessings.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are all so adorable!! i love making flowers out of felt. very beautiful :)

    I'd love for you to link this up to my link party, Your Whims Wednesday! http://mygirlishwhims.blogspot.com/2011/04/your-whims-wednesday-2-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great tutorial! Tanks for linking this up to our blog party.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your project and I'll be featuring it this weekend. Stop on over and grab the I'm Featured Button and show more of your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this - I saw you on Petite Hermine and had to stop by! This is so cute and pretty and I love the different photo backgrounds you have to highlight them! : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty!! I love gardenias!! Thanks for sharing at Make Somthing Monday! Can't wait to see what you have this week!

    ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this!!! So great! I can't wait to make some of these!
    ~Terry
    www.mossandclover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Angelina.....(future) MitchumNovember 15, 2012 at 7:19 PM

    Gardenias are mine & my fiancees favorite. Plan on making a ton of these!!!!! Making my bouquet & broaches for our mothers & his grandmother!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Here we provide jobs in Mumbai from Job vacancy result company . And we also provide jobs in different state. Thanks for commenting.
    Jobs in Mumbai
    Jobs in Mumbai
    Jobs in Mumbai
    Jobs in Mumbai

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to tell me what you think.