Monday, October 17, 2011

Gray and Yellow Love

I have made my next wreath for the craft boutique.  I LOVE it so much, I may have to make one for myself too.





I have been making wreaths covered in felt rosettes for a few months, and I love them.  But, I was trying to think of a different felt flower that would be cute on a wreath.  So, I decided to attempt it using this little puff-like flower.  (This Felt Flower Tutorial is linked to pic if you are interested.)


I used a little smaller strips than I used in the tutorial, about 4 x 9 because I was covering an 8 inch wreath and wanted the flowers a little smaller.  

The first thing I did was cover the 8 inch straw wreath in felt by wrapping and hot gluing felt strips.
Next, I made the felt flowers.  I made all but one of them using gray and one in yellow.
Finally, I used hot glue to attach all of the flowers to the wreath.

I adore this wreath, but I must admit it did not turn out the way I envisioned it.  I thought that you would be able to distinguish each of the little flowers.  But, instead the flowers just look like loops.  Oh well, I am still in love!  Maybe next time I will try spacing the flowers a little further apart, or maybe not.

Here are some other shots:







Here are some link parties that I frequent, I may link this project to some or all of them:





 Marvelously Messy,   Under the Table and Dreaming,   Flamingo Toes,   Lamb Around,   Cherished Treasures,  Petite Hermine,   Nifty Thrifty Things,  Skip to my Lou,   Sumo’s Sweet Stuff,  Making the World Cuter,   The Girl Creative,   Singing Three Little Birds,   Tuesday Treasures, One Project at a TimeMad in Crafts,   11th Heaven’s Homemaking Haven,   Craftomaniac,   Creating My Way to Success,   Sew Can Do,   Embellishing Life,   C.R.A.F.T.,   It’s a Blog Party,   Me Making Do,   Sarahndipities,   The DIY Home Sweet Home Project,   Funky Polka Dot Giraffe,   Today’s Creative Blog,   Hope Studios,         Ladybug Blessings,   Tip Junkie,   A Silly Little Sparrow,   Giggles Glitz & Glam,   Not JUST a Housewife,   Reason’s to Skip the Housework,   Little Birdie Blog,   The Blackberry Vine,   Blue Cricket,   The Trendy Treehouse,   Lil’ Luna,   The Thrifty Home,   Seven Thirty Three,   Sew Much Ado,   Handyman Craftywoman,   Sweet Craft Cakes,   Tea Rose Home,    Twin Dragonfly Designs,   Elements Interiors,   Fun to Craft,   The Shabby Chic Cottage,    House of Hepworth’s,   Somewhat Simple,   Rhinestone Beagle,   Yesterday on Tuesday,   Kojo Designs,   While He Was Napping,   Tatertots and Jello,   Bubbly Nature Creations,   Funky Junk Interiors,   Creation Corner,    A Few of my Favorite Things,   It’s a Hodgepodge Life,   My Romantic Home,   The Shabby Nest,    Frugal and Fabulous Design,   Sun Scholars,      Whipperberry,   At the Picket Fence,  Fingerprints on the Fridge,   Home Sweet Farm,   Young & Crafty,   Freckled Laundry,   Iron Violet Designs,   Fireflies & Jellybeans,   Be Different Act Normal,    Craft Envy,    Along for the Ride,   A Vision to Remember,    Saturday Mornings,   It’s a Crafty Life,   Childmade,     Sew Can Do,  



44 comments:

  1. This is stunning! I know if I made it, I wouldn't be able to part with it! I have a link party on Tuesdays {The Inspiration Board} and I’d be thrilled if you linked this up. I know my readers would really enjoy it. Hope to see you there.
    http://carolynshomework.blogspot.com/2011/10/inspiration-board-link-party-20.html
    carolyn - homework

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You did such an amazing job! Your wreath is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I will have to try that flower tutorial when I get a chance. I'm following you now :) I would love if you stopped by my blog when you get the chance.

    jamie @ sewrockin.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm seriously in love with this wreath. I love how full it is. Oh to have your patience to make all those pretty little flowers. Great job! I'm sure it'll sell quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MUST SAY I LOVE IT... maybe not as you planned, but fabulous!
    Pinning it for my to-do list!

    ~ Meredith From A Mother Seeking Come find me on my blog, A Mother Seeking...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! It has such great texture, and looks really cozy! (if a wreath can do that, haha!) Thanks for linking up at The Little Birdie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your wreath it is gorgeous! I love how it turned out. I featured it at So Very Creative! Feel free to grab a button.
    http://soverycreative.blogspot.com/2011/10/loopy-wreath.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cute! i like the gray and yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is super cuuute.. I love it.. I found you via "Create and Share".. What an awesome blog,,Im officially following ya with smiles.. So much creativity dwells here.. Im Marilyn via http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com ..Hope you can stop in sometime..TY

    ReplyDelete
  10. (found ya on a link party)
    this is amazing! great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Amazing! You did a beautiful job creating this unique wreath, great idea! Jen @ www.icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cool! I'm going to have to pin this wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this wreath!!
    I featured you on {nifty thrifty sunday} today!
    Great job! :)
    xoxo,
    Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things}

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very very pretty! Love that one pop of color!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great project! :) I've featured this post on Craft Gossip here:
    http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/gray-loopy-wreath/

    If you would like a "featured by" button, you can grab one here:
    http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/grab-a-craft-gossip-button/

    ReplyDelete
  16. This idea is wonderful. I love the fullness of the wreath. Grey and yellow are a fabulous combo.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cozy looking & great colors! Saw this @ Homework!

    -caroline @ c.w.frosting

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow, this wreath is amazing! I absolutely love it!!
    Jo-Anna

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your wreath! Gray & yellow are always so great together! So glad you linked up to the Tuesday To Do Party!
    Smiles!
    Jami
    www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ultra Gorgeousness!!!!! Pinning this right now!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this wreath. Did you use the felt squares or by the yard? How much felt do you think you used? What is the finished diameter? It looks so nice and full. reinventingtheordinary.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I saw you at KojoDesigns and was intrigued by the wreath. Looks so eye-catching! I may be wrong but it seems like the project would be relaxing. I'm going to try it with muted Christmas colors. You've been bookmarked and Pinned, too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Featured this today! Yay! I am seriously OBSESSED with this wreath! www.johnnyinadress.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you for all of the wonderful comments. A few of you asked questions and I cannot find your emails to answer them, so I will have to do it here. I used felt by the yard, around 3/4 yard. I bought the felt at Joann's Fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  25. ..well i love the combinatioin of the colors..
    i want to have that one..

    *_* maica *_* Buy and Sell

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have been trying to find a fun and festive wreath for the holidays and this is perfect! Loving your blog. Very inspiring. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to tell me what you think.