Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Pink and Gray Valentine's Day Wreath

Last night, I was in Joann's and just couldn't pass up this adorable fuzzy fabric.


So, since it's kinda pricey I was trying to think of what I could do with a small amount.  A few weeks ago, during worship, I thought of making a wreath using a fabric tube.  Lots of times during worship, my mind wanders to some kind of creative place and this idea just seemed to jump out at me last night.  

I have been making wreaths out of foam pipe insulation from Osh thanks to this pin on Pintrest. 
(BTW, I must confess that I am COMPLETELY in love with and addicted to Pintrest.)


Tip:  I have found that the pipe insulation that works best for me, without kinking, is 3/4 inch with a 3/4 inch wall.


  Since the wreath begins life as a tube and not a ring, it worked perfectly to cover it in a fabric tube.  

I started with 1/4 of a yard of this fabulous fabric.  I folded it right sides together and used my sewing machine to sew the length of the fabric together.  I'm sorry, but I didn't take a pic. :(

The last time I bought pipe insulation, I accidentally bought it a size bigger that I usually do.  So, it was quite the wrestling match getting my fuzzy fabric tube onto the foam pipe insulation.  Hehehe

But, after pulling and tugging for a while, it was a success and I was able to duct tape the ends together to form my wreath.  I made some felt flowers and added them.  I made a little hanger for the back and tada.  Here it is!







I really like it!  There is something so wintery about it, which wasn't intended, but makes me happy.

1 comment:

Your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to tell me what you think.